Cynthiana Art Walk July 29-30 2011
18. Then the Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is like him."
19. So the Lord God formed out of the ground each wild animal and each bird of the sky, and brought each to the man to see what he would call it. And whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name.
20. Man gave names to all the animals, to the birds of the sky, and to every wild creature; but for the man f no helper was found who was like him.
21. So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to come over the man, and he slept. God took one of his ribs and closed the flesh at that place.
22. Then the Lord God made the rib He had taken from the man into a woman and brought her to the man.
23. And the man said: "This one, at last, is bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh; this one will be called woman, for she was taken from man."
24. This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh.
25. Both the man and his wife were naked, yet felt no shame.